Saturday, June 6, 2009

Valley Deaf Festival!!! Catch the Wave!!


Today was the 21st annual Valley Deaf Festival in Clovis Ca!!
This is one of the largest events for the d/Deaf and hard of hearing community in the valley. As I have for several years, I attended and had a blast!!!! I really don't realize how many people I care about in this community untill we are all together.
One thing I love is all the hugs!!! That is part of the culture, when you greet a person, it's with a hug.(Appropriate hugs that is!!) It's like one big family.
Catch the wave was the theme this year and it was Hawaii at it's best,(for not actually being there). They had all sorts of dancers representing the islands. I 'm glad I don't dance!!! My hips would be out for sure!!!! LOL
The older I get, the more blessed I feel that God, in HIS infinate wisdom, led me down a path that allowed me to learn this beautiful language and be involved in an amazing cultrue that the Deaf share.
I have a good career and love the people I serve!
God is good!!

1 comment:

Karen J. Hopper said...

What a talent you have April - and you have faithfully used that talent all these years. And what a witness you've been - and to so many. Yes, God is good!!