Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Just Let if Unfold


Bro. Morton preaches a message, "Just Let It Unfold".
If you have attended his church for any length of time you have heard him and others use the phrase, "just let it unfold", or, "that's just how it unfolded". There are deep messages to these phrases, that unless you have heard him preach it, one might not understand the full intention of these phrases. It was a time in his life that was very difficult and painful, yet he spent time with a wise old preacher that helped him understand, that it "takes a long time to get a gate" (smile). Bro. Gunn wrote "Unfold My Life" in response to this message, as well as Bro.Spell with "When God Unfolds the Rose". I want to share this poem with you as I continually do my best to submit to God's will and not that of my own. Maybe this will bless you as well.

It's just a time rosebud,
A flower of God's design;
But I cannot unfold the petals
With these clumsy hands of mine.



The secret of unfolding flowers
Is unknown to such as I.....
The flower God opens so sweetly,
Would in my hands fade and die.


If I cannot unfold a rosebud
This flower of God's design...
Then how can I think I have wisdom
To unfold this life of mine?


So I'll trust in Him for His leading,
Each moment of everyday.
And I'll look to Him for His guidance
Each step of the Pilgrim Way.

For the pathway that lies before me
My heavenly Father knows.
I'll trust Him to unfold the moments
Just as He unfolds the rose.

Author Unknown

2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Can't we just doing a little unfolding? Just kidding. Always loved hearing Bro Morton preach this message. It is one to remember for a lifetime.

April Renee said...

It's a must hear!
I don't know how many times this poem and message comes to mind in the roughest times.