Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!


First off, I wanna say Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband. In the past two years, I must say, he has done more fathering than I think he knew how! He has always been a great dad to the girls but now that they are older, the role changes from being daddy to little girls to adults he has made wonderfully. (lots better than I did). He really has come through for them in some of the most difficult times they have faced to date. Nathan, you are amazing! I love you with all my heart and can't wait to see where God takes us!

Secondly, I want to wish Happy Father's day to my Dad. He accepted me as being his daughter when the most pain revelation came to him when I was 8 years old, that I wasn't his biological daughter. He still paid child support and and did the best he knew to do.
I love him dearly! Thanks for loving me too!

Thirdly, I 'd like to honor my Spiritual daddy, Jack Burgess.
At the age of 13, I recieved this prescious gift of the Holy Ghost. My family did not share like Truth, but Dad and Mom Burgess have nurtured me, taught me, prayed for me, and loved me as thier own for the last 26 years. Dad, I apprciate all the times you've called me from pay phones and church phones while on the evangilistic field, to check on me and remind me you and Mamma love me. Everytime you came to California, you set aside time to spend with me and do stuff. We have laughed togehter, cried together and prayed together. Thank you for never giving up on me and teaching me Truth!!! You have shown me what kind of daddy God can be if I let him!!! I love you more than you know!

And finally, to the most faithful Father of all. Thank you Lord for being patient with me. When I would cry and tell you I didn't want you to be my father because of my misconception as to the meaning of that role had been. You have been there, I just didn't see you, you have loved me, but I wouldn't accept it, you were and are trust worthy, I just wouldn't trust you. Thank you for revealing youself so gently and absolutley! Thank you my Heavenly Father for being God!!!!!

1 comment:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Great post to the three special "fathers" in your life.