Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Hoppers sing "I've Come Too Far" written by Nancy Harmon. The a cappella reprise is also shown. The song appears on the 50th Anniversary DVD "The Ride" and is featured on the CD recording
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUQz9DWGNQc
1.
I've come too far to look back again
There is nothing behind me
All the treasures I used to love
Have all faded from view
There's a new day ahead for me
All my heartache is over
For I left it at Calvary
Where my new life began

Chorus
I've come too far to look back
My feet have walked through the valley
I've climbed mountains, crossed rivers
Dessert places I've known
But I'm nearing the home shore
The redeemed are rejoicing
Heaven's angels are singing
I've gone too far to look back

2.
Look around, there's no happiness
There's no reason for living
Life will give you a broken dream
Full of sorrow and fear
Turn around, don't look back again
Face the new day before you
Place your heartache in Jesus' hand
He can mend broken dreams

Chorus

Tag
Heavens angels are singing
I've gone to far to look back.

2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

This song kept swirling in my head as I read your post:

I've come this far by faith
Leaning on the Lord
Trusting His Holy word
He's never failed me yet
Oh, I can't turn around
I've come too far by faith

April Renee said...

I remember that one. Didn't the choir use to sing that when?
Truth be told, if we would remember for only a moment where God has brought us from, we've come too far to look back for sure!!!