Saturday, May 16, 2009

Auntie Time!!!!!


If any of you know me, you know I LOVE kids!!! My girls and now adults and refuse to sit on my lap and hug me in public. Big sigh!!
I have many nieces and nephews that I just adore, however four of them live in the Dallas Texas area, my twin nephews are in Atascadro, and on Nathan's side all the kids are adults or nearing adulthood except for Trae, and he's in Arizona! He already proudly announces that he is taller than his "Aunite Ape"! (don't try it, he is the only one allowed to call me that!!!)
However, I have also learned that family are the friends you choose.
I have a dear friend with whom I went to school with in Junior High. We eventually both became interpreters and have worked together for years. We parted ways for a few years only because while I was having my babies, she went to Cal State Northridge to get her Deaf Ed. Credential. When my kids were entering thier pre-teen years, Chantel moved back to Fresno with hubby and 5 month old Emily. I had just quit work to homeschool my girls. So, we started watching Emily and 22 months later, Abbey. They Cox's are very much apart of our family. They call me "Auntie" and Nathan "Uncle" and adore Nannette and Katrina!
So, tonight is Aunite time with my wonderful "nieces"!!! We have made Pita pizza's thanks to Nannette and Katrina's creativity, and played with puppies. Now they are at the park with my girls. We are enjoying the time of hugs, kisses and much laughter!!! They are so excited to go to Sunday School tomorrow morning!!!!
If being an Auntie is so much fun, can you imagine my grandkids???
What a thought!!!!!

No comments: