Monday, May 4, 2009

Home Sweet Home!!

Today was one of those rare opputunities of staying home all day!! No errands, not appoitments, no freelance assignments, nothing!!!
So,I have stayed home and kept my poor sick hubby company. He is feeling some better and can keep soup within his body cavity, for a while anyway. (I know (tmi)). He doesn't get sick often, but when he does, his whole word comes to a screeching halt!!
Oh and by the way, another good weekend of church!! Bro. Gilliam really heard from God and it is a message that was life changing!! God is so incrediably good to us!!!
That old song comes to mind:
"You don't know like I know what He's done for me!!"
I thought I had let go of some old hurts from long ago, yet this weekend I was faced with those feelings again, but God, by faith, has reached deep within this heart of mine and has continued the work He started in me over 25 years ago.
Psalm 138:8
The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

3 comments:

Kathy McElhaney said...

April, you're not alone in facing old feelings. It seems they just pop up when we least expect them. But HE never gives up or quits working on us!

Hope Nathan is feeling completely better soon!

Karen J. Hopper said...

April,
I agree with Kathy - those feelings of yesteryear have a way of resurfacing at times. Sometimes it's just to remind us of what He's brought us out of, and other times He is checking our spirits. Ugh! BTW: Praying Nathan gets well soon.

April Renee said...

Sis. McElhaney and Sis, Hopper


Thank you for encouraging words.
I get mad at myself sonmetimes for letting people and things get to me but you both are right! It's a stepping stone, not a stumbling block!!!!
Love you both