Thursday, February 19, 2009

Happy 20th Nannette Janise


To my first born daughter.....
I remember when Grandma Denise told me that we almost lost you, that the doctor said five minutes and you would not have made it. I really didn't comprehend the possible loss since one, I was under heavy sedation from the c-section and two, I had not seen you yet. When they brought you in the first time, all I could think about was seeing if you had Dad's dimple on your chin, sure enough, there it was. I couldn't hold you for long because I was so weak. Later, after everyone was gone and I was more myself,(feeling the pain), and was wide awake, they brought in the most beautiful stawberry blonde, blue eye baby with her leg sticking out of the blanket. You were wide awake ready for a long converstation!
Once the nurse left, it was you and me, and the tears came, to think I almost lost you. Nannette, you have been a joy in my life. Watching you learn how to walk, and "talk talk", and sing, play with your sister or mother her, what ever the situation entailed. Listening to you and your cousins play church and you always were the special music....hummmm. Then pre-k then kindergaden and you climbed the ladder of education. Drivers licence, graduation and now college.
We've had our rocky times but never was there a time that I was not happy that you were my first born!
I love you, sometimes till it hurts, imagine, God loves you more than that. That is a pretty incrediable love. Dad and I dedicated you to HIM when you were just a few months old, on my first Mother's day in fact! That is where I will continue to keep you, in HIS hands. Follow HIS leading, HIS plan and you will have the happiest life ever. Be better than Mom, be happier than Mom! Don't follow in my footsteps, that will only bring you pain, follow in HIS footsteps, there will be peace in contentment there, and the man of your dreams, one that you can trust completely and he will love you unconditionally!
I love you and could not be anymore proud of you or my heart would absolutly bust wide open!!! :0)
Now you are not a teenie bobber anymore, you are an adult! Congrats my girl
MOM

4 comments:

Nann said...

AW thanks for the walk down Memory Lane!! Life was so SIMPLE when I was younger!! LOL

Love ya!

Nann

April Renee said...

LOL yeah.... for both of us!
I could fix it when you got hurt,
now we just cry and pray together!

Anonymous said...

That was sooo sweet!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Happy Birthday Nannette. Enjoy your entire 20th year.