Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hail Hail The Gangs All Here


Can you guess whos who????


With the age of technoloy and all that it affords, we can now connect with friends we long lost track of. That is the case with the "Leppo" girls and me. We have all connected on Facebook and it's been great. With divorces and remarriages (including my own ;0)
life has just marched on without us.
We were very close in our teenage years attending Truth Tabernacle and T.T.C.S. We shared so much during that time, espeically Patti and I. We were best friends! She was one of my Candlelighters in my wedding. I was a usual at the Leppo dinner table and stayed as many nights there as I did at my own home.
As with everything, life brings change. Patti is in Bakersfield, Beth is in Tennessee, Jim and Chirslyn are still in Fresno, I have no idea where Bob is!
Tonight was Chrislyn's 40th birthday party! (welcome to the 40's only group!)Patti and Don, Chrislyn of course and Randy, Pat and Dan, Jim and his new wife,April! Plus all thier kids except for Ali which is Patti's daughter. She plays volleyball and had a tourniment. We had so much fun, just like old times. Dan and his humor, Pat and her loving yet fun ways. Patti and I catching up on everything, Jim quietly sitting and throwing in a sly remark here and there, and Chrislyn, the life of the party!
Tonight I caught up with Kelley and Phylis Pillow as well. It was so good to see them!!! It feels like a life time since I have seen them as well.
Although we have all taken differnt paths in life, we all have one thing in common, Truth. We have all been blessed with that knowledge and expierence. I am grateful for His mercy and grace. That, I feel has made for strong ties. Although we have different lots in life, we know where to go when times are rough.
There are friends that are passing through for a season, but these friends are for life. We just pick up where we left off, I thank God for such good and faithful friends.
I love you all very much and thank you for contributing to what I am today!


Me and Patti, my special and dear friend!

4 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Mercy Me. Took me a few minutes but figure everyone out. It's been years since I've seen the Leppo family - and part of the Pillow clan. Hope Patti had a great 40th.

April Renee said...

Well,actually,
it was Chrislyn!!!!
Patti turned 40 in December, we were just welcoming Chrislyn to the "40 is speical" Club....
It was great to connect again......
Pat will be turning 70 years old this year! Can you believe that????!!!!

Unknown said...

O.k. - you made me cry! What a sweet blog. You should be a writer!

It is great to reconnect after 10 years. Facebook is a great invention.

That is probably one of my least favorite photos ever taken of me. Maybe we can do a better one next time we get together!

I will be 42 in December.

April Renee said...

Patti~
It was great getting together!! I wouldn't have missed it for the world....
And YES!!! We will get a better pictue when we get together, for more fun!
I didn't remember you being THAT much older than me!! hahah just kidding!!!