Friday, July 24, 2009

What's Looking Backatcha????


1 Corinthians 3:16:
16 -17You realize, don't you, that you are the temple of God, and God himself is present in you? No one will get by with vandalizing God's temple, you can be sure of that. God's temple is sacred—and you, remember, are the temple. (The Message)

Wednesday night our Pastor did a Bible study about looking in the mirror. He asked different ones how much time do they spend looking in the mirror each day before going somewhere. Some said five minutes,some said ten minutes and so on. Then he asked why did we look in the mirror and various appropriate answers come out of the question but the one that stuck with me is, we wouldn't know how we looked unless we looked in the mirror. He then brought out how the Bible is our spiritual mirror, and asked how often do we look in the God's Mirror to see how we "look".
Well, needless to say, I got a glimpse of myself today and came up wanting. Why is forgiveness so difficult? I think I have gotten closer to forgiving and then I am confronted with the memory of the situation, and walla... feelings that don't look so good in the "mirror". I have to go and "change my appearance" once again so I can "look" like what the Bible demonstrates. Back to HIS word and back on my knees for a "face lift" and "makeover". I'm so glad HE is merciful!!!
Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

1 comment:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Great post and picture.