Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Beverly Hills Here We Come!!!

Yesterday Katrina and I went to LAX to pick up some special people staying with us for a week. Amanda and Ashley Davies are two of the most beautiful girls, inside and out,and are cousins of ours from Texas. They are the same ages as Nannette and Katrina and have always been close.
So, instead of coming right back to 101 degree Kerman, I thought it would be fun to go sightseeing in Beverly Hills and Hollywood. We drove around, ate at a very cute cafe in Beverly Hills, and walked the "Walk of Fame" for hours. We took a quick tour to the Hollywood sign way a top the moutains of the hills overlooking the city.
We had a blast as we saw mansions and names of famous people.
One thing impressed me and really made me think abit. In front of the Chinese Theater are the famous hand and footprints set in cement by famous actors and actress of the past and present. Just about 3 or 4 feet from there is one of Micheal Jackson's stars. It had about 2 or 3 feet high of flowers, cards, notes, posters and candles in expression of grief and condonlances. People, including us, were reading the posters and notes laid about from people Micheal Jackson had "touched" with his music and life. No mention of the accustions of molestation or life style choices, just how wonderful he was and how much he will be missed.
I was struck by this, and considered Jesus. How do I honor HIM and HE is perfect? Do I bring flowers of thanksgivng and rememberance for they way HE has touched me and has taken care of me and my family? Or am I too caught up in life to remember HIS sacrifice HE made just for me?? What if I were to be a thoughtful of Jesus as the world is in awe and mezmorized by those of fame? Then, and only then, might I know HIM in the fulness of HIS glory.

2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Excellent post. The glory of man is for but a little while but our Lord's glory is forever. I'm so thankful that I know the most famous of all.

April Renee said...

Me too! I have great peace in knowing the Creator of all.