Friday, July 10, 2009

Hinds Feet on High Places


Ps. 18:33 and Hab. 3:19
"The Lord God maketh my feet like hinds' feet, and setteth me upon mine High Places"

I love this scripture and the book. An alleory of our daily walk with God. How, in our finite thinking, we want so badly to be what God wants us to be and to endevor to have a close relationship with Him, but it seems so hard, such an impossible task. This book takes us from the Valley of Humilation with Much Afraid doing her best to be a servant of the Shepherd, while her family, The Fearings, try to keep her inslaved in the valley.
Much Afraid takes the daring steps to follow the Shepherd to the Kingdom of Love, but meets opposition and obstacles in her way and how when she called on the Great Shepherd, how He lead her on her journey.
The first time I read this, Nathan and I were divorced. I cried at so many parts of it, because that was where I was at that time. Now as I read it, differnt parts move me. This book can be read time and time again, as we change in our walk and place with God.
It has given me such insight and understanding in our Christian journey and how sometimes God doesn't fix, the situation, He allows us to walk through the Shores of Lonliness, to detour through the Desert,on the Sea Wall, and then the Great Prcipice to endure an injury,then into the Forest of Danger and Tribulation only to walk through the Mist to the Valley of Loss, then rest in the Place of Anoitning. The face The Floods and the Grave on the Mountains. Until we reach Healing Streams and aquire our Hinds Feet and ascend to the High Places. Our name will be change, and we will know our God, the Shepherd.
I totally recommend this book. It is also in devontional form and group study.
I long to have Hinds Feet on High Places, do you?

No comments: