Monday, March 16, 2009

Ladies Conference 2009

Well, I finally can say I went to Ladies Conference and so glad I did. The services were AWSOME!!!! God did a real work in those services. Then of course Sis. Hill was in charge of the Brunch and did a beautiful job as always.
For me, I came away knowing that God met me there. HE moved in a mighty way in all the services, letting us know that laughter is important, that HE cares about our situations and what we are going through NOW is preparing us for TOMMOROW.
The sweetest thing of all, and I guess you had to been there or buy the CD, is that HE cares about our "ladybug". Sis. Linville told about seeing this pull luggage with ladybugs on it. She loves ladybugs, however it was out her budget to purchase. Months later she returned to have some stranger mention to her that
there was a piece of luggage that was on sale or $4.99 that had a ludybug on it. She went to that luggage store and found that exact same piece of luggage she had looked at and wanted months eariler. Of course $4.99 fit nicely in her budget and purchased it.
The next week she found out she had a mass that looked like cancer on her kidney. In her state of fear and dismay, wondering if God knew about the situation, she remembered the "ladybug". Yes, God indeed knew about her and her situation!!! She knew from then on out that God had the WHOLE situation under control
I too have my "ladybug". My family. Nannette had the most difficult trial of her life thus far. God showed me all that I could do as a mom was to pray and trust HIM. My marriage was in a the balance unrelated to Nannette's situation, and Katrina was walking on the fence as far as church went. She was angry and confused and showed it. All this is happening at the same time. God showed me that if I would surrender my girls and Nathan and my marriage to HIM, place them in HIS hands everyday, HE would take care of every situation in regards to my family. I obey, and I can honestly say God has worked out every detail better that I ever expected.
We are all closer to God than we have ever been and are living as a happy family, which is a vast contrast to 2 years ago.
Thank you Lord for reminding me this week that you took us through the fire and we have come out stronger for it! You will never leave me nor forsake me; and that you care about my "ladybugs". I will always remember what God did for me and my family and that HE does do all things beautiful in HIS time!!!
Now for the carnal side of the trip, we shopped, ate and ate and ate. I plan to go again next year!!!!!
P.S. Oh yeah, ask Sis. Hill about the aliens!!!!







..

1 comment:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Glad you had a wonderful time. There is nothing like God's people!!