Saturday, October 10, 2009

Missing Grandma....


November 17 will the be the five year anniversary of my Grandma Miller's death. In those five years much has happened. The adbadonment of my bio-father, (her son), many situations in our home consumed my every thought. God has been good and life in the Davies's home has peace once again! (Thank you Jesus!). However, now in the peace, I realize how much I miss my Grams. I only had her for 13 years and that was just not long enough to be with this fantastic woman! We had a very special relationship and she was MINE!! My Grandma, not like a grandma, I was hers and she was mine.
So, today I went to Merced and met my great aunt Norma and uncle Shorty at the cemetery. I place new Autumn silk flowers on her and Grandpa's headstone,(at the time I met Grandma, Grandpa was in a convalescent hospital, was bed ridden, unable to see or talk and died in 1997), went to lunch with my aunt and uncle then went to the mall. Grief is a strange because it just hangs out in the background and pops up when you least expect it.
I talked with a trust confidante regarding this, and the conclusion is, you never stop feeling the pain and loss, it just changes "shapes" so to speak. So for now, I walk through this season and appreciate the gift that God blessed me with, my Grams!!!

2 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Memories can be precious, and sometimes it's the very thing that keeps us moving forward. Love ya.

April Renee said...

You are so right!!
Love ya too